Monday, April 30, 2007

You Fell, I Laughed

I've got another two weeks before this semester is done. I keep reminding myself the reason that I'm doing all this:


In other news, I am an asshole. Today, while stopped at a red light, I watched the biggest, nerdiest undergrad (wearing jeans shorts and white socks) attempt to run through the crosswalk in front of me. I say attempt because he didn't make it. He bit it, hard. We're talking rolling head over heals in the street, losing his backpack, and clutching his knee while rolling on the pavement hard. All this chaos unfolded right in front of my car. And did I get out and help this poor kid? No, I buckled over laughing so hard I thought I was going to accidentally take my foot off the brake and run over the gimp. After what seemed like minutes of literal writhing in the street, he limped off to find his bag and drug it to the sidewalk. I drove away, but I took a little piece of his dignity with me.

4 comments:

blythe said...

speaking of dignity, typo much?

Unknown said...

Shain - Don't tell Blythe that I've read your blog and I like it...will you really be able to have such good material under the bright lights of the big city???

blythe said...

l-bug:

oh the betrayal.

i know where you live.

i can see you.

Mr. Shain said...

stop threatening my readers